Monday, October 14, 2013

The Giant Clay Army

Introduction

     Cruel, powerful, and somewhat crazy. This is the first emperor of China, also known as Qin Shi Huang . He was the man who ordered his servants to create the army, the Terracotta Warriors. Even though he empowered China, people hated him.

Opinion

    According to National Geographic,"Qin created thousands of clay warriors to follow him into death." If I Were living during that time, I would have supposed that he was crazy. Think about it, who spends a lot of money just to get someone to make a bunch of statues for you? There are so many other things he could have use his money for. This is also one of the reasons that people hated him. He also made a high taxes, killed thousands of soldiers form six states, and punished his people with forced labor.

Question

Now that you have learned about the first Chinese emperor,what do you think of Qin? Answer in the comments below.

  

2 comments:

  1. I think of Qin as a terrible emperor even though he did some great things. The main thing that an emperor should have, in my opinion, is that he should be respectful to his people. He wasn't, he only cared about himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your intro! It hooked me in and made me want to read more. But I think you were supposed to make a list of top ten or two top five lists. Why did people hate Qin??

    ReplyDelete