Sunday, June 1, 2014

Eros

Introduction

    Eros. Also known as Cupid in Roman myths. The god of love. He is the son of Aphrodite and possibly Ares. Eros fell in love with a mortal, Psyche, that he was supposed to punish when he grazed himself with his own arrow. He had two types of arrows. One type awakened love while the other brought on indifference.  Some of Eros' characteristics are romantic, mischievous, and handsome. Eros was respected because love holds great power that he could control.


Opinion

      I chose this god for a blog post because I didn't know anything about Eros. Now that I know more about him, I see that he is one of my favorites. Very loyal to his mother and having the ability to forgive his love after she doubted him. I would probably respect and fear Eros. Respect because of his loyalty to his mother and having forgiveness. Fear because Eros basically controls your love life. Scary. His greatest strength are his looks and inspiring. His greatest weakness is his sudden mood changes.


Final Thoughts

What are your thoughts on Eros? Would you fear him, respect him, or both? Answer in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment